Numix Slider; How to add and edit slides
The Numix Slider Plugin utilizes Featured Images to display content in the slider. When configuring the plugin, DatAchieve created a new category that is relevant to your slider.
If the slider is utilized on the homepage, the category would be called “Homepage Slider.”
If the slider is utilized on the about page, the category would be called “About Slider.”
Adding new slides:
- From the Dashboard, go to Posts>Add New
- Give the post a title that is relevant to the photo
- Scroll down to the right-hand column and find the box labeled “Featured Image“
- Within that box, click “Set Featured Image“
- Choose an existing image from your media library; or choose a new image by uploading
- Click “Set Featured Image” from the bottom right-hand corner
- Scroll to the right-hand column and find the box labeled “Publish“
- Within that box, click the “Publish” button
**Note: When adding other posts to the website–if a featured image is chosen–you can choose to display that image in the slider by choosing the appropriate category.
Editing/Deleting Existing Slides.
- From the Dashboard, go to Posts>All Posts
- To find the posts that utilize your slider’s category, choose the appropriate category in the “All Categories” drop-down box. After, click the “Filter” button to display only that category
- Find the Slide that needs to be edited/deleted and click the “Edit” link
- To change the existing image: scroll down to the right-hand column and find the box labeled “Featured Image.” Click “Remove Featured Image” and follow the steps above (Adding New Slides: Steps 5-8) to set a new featured image
- To delete the image entirely: in the right-hand column, find the Publish box. Click the “Move To Trash” link located next to the “Update” button